The easy way to
Give your card that certain something!
(Only available for premium cards (offset print quality)!)
What is partial coating?Partial coating or Spot UV is a coating of selected areas of your design with a transparent glossy lacquer.
How can I order it?We offer the following options:
- We will create the necessary file for you for a flat fee of only
£4.58*and add it to your order.
- Create your card with our Classic Online Designer by choosing one of our "Backgrounds with partial coating"
- Choose one of our free spot templates suitable for every design.
- Create your spot UV- File yourself, following these 3 Steps:
3 Steps to partial coating
- Open the file you originally uploaded. Colour all elements you want to be high gloss coated black. Everything that is not suppposed to be glossy coated / intended to stay matte, needs to be white (or deleted from the file).
- Upload your original file/artwork in the appropriate area, check the preview and choose the option "Partial coating".
- Upload the spot UV file you created to our website and check that the colour file matches the spot UV file using the Position controller.
* There may be further costs for very complex designs. We also reserve the right to refuse requests.